We’re taking on the challenge of modernizing small business banking. We’re building beautiful, easy-to-use tools for banking, invoicing, expense tracking, and more, so our members can focus on helping their businesses thrive. Those tools also need to integrate smoothly with often-antiquated banking systems, and be bank-level secure. It’s a huge challenge, but one we enjoy tackling every day.
Backend Engineers at Seed work with our frontend, mobile and bank partner teams to design, implement, and integrate the services that perform our core banking operations. We write mostly REST services in Go, and we build and deploy using Docker and AWS. We’re a small team, so you’re going to have the ability to make your mark on the core technologies we’re building for our members. We're a distributed team and we collaborate primarily with Slack, Github and Zoom.
Seed was founded in 2014 by two former Simple executives, Ryan Hildebrand and Brian Merritt. While at Simple, Ryan and Brian learned a lot about the challenges that banking customers face and founded Seed to solve those problems for small business owners with the mission to build the best online business bank in the world. We're very excited about the product we've built so far and are eagerly searching for more talented individuals to join the effort. Seed is a Y Combinator Alumni and its investors include General Catalyst and SV Angel.
- Be curious. Modernizing business banking is a complex and thorny problem. We’re excited to learn by facing big challenges, and you should be too.
- Care about the people we’re serving. We are here to support and encourage our clients as they build their businesses.
- Look for the big picture, and see how their work fits in. We value humility and teamwork-no rockstars here.
- Not afraid to make mistakes and ask questions. We don’t expect you to come with answers, but if you bring the right questions, you’ll do well.
- Be comfortable working in a distributed team.
- Competitive Salary / Equity
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
We take the long view. We’re building a company and a product for the long haul, so sustainable development is a priority. We actively seek people who bring something different to the table. If you’re on the fence about applying, we say go for it! Non-traditional backgrounds and skills are very welcome. Diversity makes us better, and you just might be a better fit than you know.