Customer Service Representative
We’re taking on the challenge of modernizing small business banking. We’re building beautiful, easy-to-use tools for banking, invoicing, expense tracking, and more, so our members can focus on helping their businesses thrive. Those tools also need to integrate smoothly with often-antiquated banking systems, and be bank-level secure. It’s a huge challenge, but one we enjoy tackling every day.
The role of Support Agent straddles Customer Support, Compliance and Product at Seed. You’ll be providing members with impeccable service while maintaining our business health with awareness and decision-making regarding risk and compliance concerns. Additionally, you’ll advocate for members and prospective members when we discuss the product roadmap by learning from members and contributing to our feature request repository.
Seed was founded in 2014 by two former Simple executives, Ryan Hildebrand and Brian Merritt. While at Simple, Ryan and Brian learned a lot about the challenges that banking customers face and founded Seed to solve those problems for small business owners with the mission to build the best online business bank in the world. We're very excited about the product we've built so far and are eagerly searching for more talented individuals to join the effort. Seed is a Y Combinator Alumni and its investors include General Catalyst and SV Angel.
- Support customers via phone and email
- Report on contact types and categories
- Conduct compliance analysis for applications as needed
- Liaise between Compliance and customers
- Liaise between Engineering and customers
- Fully learn and understand the product and service to provide strong support to members
- Knowledge base contribution
- Member guide contribution
- FAQ contribution
- Advocate for customers’ experience in internal product & roadmap discussions
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with customers
- Eager to maintain a collaborative, blame-free, problem-solving attitude under pressure, and in difficult situations
- Eager to learn a lot of new skills and grow out of comfort zones
- Timely and reliable attendance
- In all work-related interactions, maintain demeanor of curiosity, friendliness, and professionality
- Exceedingly coachable and eager to learn
- Competitive Salary / Equity
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
We take the long view. We’re building a company and a product for the long haul, so sustainable development is a priority. We actively seek people who bring something different to the table. If you’re on the fence about applying, we say go for it! Non-traditional backgrounds and skills are very welcome. Diversity makes us better, and you just might be a better fit than you know.